DFSS and DMAIC are two of the methodologies commonly used by organizations to implement. Six Sigma. Organizations with well-developed Six Sigma programs also run DMAIC and DFSS projects concurrently.
- DMAIC: Improving the existing products and services or processes.
- DFSS: Developing new products and services or processes or redesigning them.
|Nature of the project
- DMAIC: Projects are easier and faster and provide early gains.
- DFSS: Projects take longer to implement and benefits are visible only in the long run.
- DMAIC: Projects are related to manufacturing, transactional processes, or enabling processes.
- DFSS: Projects also include product design.